CMS 3710: Portfolio web site
Students will create a template web site using the WordPress CMS software, which I will evaluate both in desktop and mobile settings.
When complete, the site should demonstrate these 20 attributes.
- Use WordPress.com and the provided username (e.g. cmsstudent000.wordpress.com)
- Include no identifying information about the student
- Include the site title “Student Portfolio” and the tagline “A showcase of my work”
Pages (not posts)
- Include an “About” page that includes two paragraphs of Greeking text
- Include four Pages, titled to indicate your talent areas, which also include two paragraphs of Greeking text
- Use the “About” page as the site’s landing page
- Use a free WordPress theme that supports “custom header” images
- Use a theme that prominently features a menu of links to the site’s pages in both desktop and mobile view
- Use a theme that communicates “Creative Professional”
- Organize the page menu so that the “About” page is listed first
- Include no extra menus, widgets (e.g. no “Meta” or “Archives”), or comment boxes
- Include a header image that appears on every page of the site
- Support the “Creative Professional” theme and look good on both desktop and mobile displays
- Represent the student’s chosen areas of expertise (e.g. writing implements for a portfolio focused on writing)
- Come from Flickr, and meet all other requirements detailed in our “WP Header Image” assignment.
- Credit the image’s creator on the “About” page.
- Include at least one embedded YouTube video
- Embed the video of one finalist from CSU’s 2019 Campus Movie Fest
- Include at least one embedded SoundCloud audio track
- Embed the audio of either Murder She Wrote or I. Psalm 132