Students will use GoAnimate to create an animated video. You will be assigned an account and password once the semester begins.
In Spring 2019, the video should be complete and shared with the “Global Contexts” group in GoAnimate by 10 p.m. on Wednesday, April 24.
The video should summarize the global impact (financial and/or cultural) of a film released in 2018.
Note that the video should not simply summarize the movie’s plot. The focus should be on the reasons that the movie is important rather than what happened in the story.
The video should
- Follow the 2019 Video Treatment [to come]
- Demonstrate a “Fast Start” (WSG)
- Include the video’s title as a “lower third” (WSG)
- Conform to the university’s mandated Visual Identity regarding fonts, colors, and logos
- Be no less than 1:00 and no more than 2:00 minutes in length
- Not include any robot narration
- Include at least 30 seconds of recorded narration in your own voice
- Include closing credits listing all sources of information and media taken from outside sources
- Include in the final screen:
- CSU Logo (formatted as prescribed)
- Visual and Performing Arts
- “Created by” and the maker’s name
- (c) 2019
The video may use video footage, music, and sound effects taken from any source. All sources must be included in the closing credits.
A note about YouTube: If you anticipate using the video as a portfolio item, remember that YouTube often automatically blocks or mutes videos that include anything other than public domain music and/or sound effects.
Submitting the Video
By the deadline, share the video with the “Global Contexts” group within GoAnamate.
“The Power of Online Video” is a colorful and dynamic use of GoAnimate’s Infographics theme.
“The Now List” adds colorful imported images and uses the dynamic transitions available in GoAnimate’s Whiteboard theme.
“What’s MailLift” mixes character animation from GoAnimate’s “Business Friendly” theme, custom images, and an engaging, energetic voice over.