Students will use GoAnimate to create an animated video. You will be assigned an account and password early in the semester.
The video should
- Follow the 2019 Video Treatment [to come]
- Demonstrate a “Fast Start” (Horton and Lynch)
- Include the video title as a lower third
- Conform to the university’s mandated Visual Identity regarding fonts, colors, and logos
- Be no less than 1:30 and no more than 3:00 minutes in length
- Not include any robot narration
- Include at least 10 seconds of recorded narration in your own voice
- Include in the closing credits:
- CSU Logo
- Visual and Performing Arts
- “Animation by” and the maker’s name or assigned pseudonym
- (c) 2018
The video may use properly licensed music and/or sound effects. Videos that incorporate more than 30 seconds of effective narration in the maker’s voice will earn a bonus.
Submitting the Video
Fall 2018: First deadline Oct. 7
“The Power of Online Video” is a colorful and dynamic use of the GoAnimate’s Infographics theme.
“The Now List” adds colorful imported images and uses the dynamic transitions available in GoAnimate’s Whiteboard theme.
“What’s MailLift” mixes character animation from GoAnimate’s “Business Friendly” theme, custom images, and an engaging, energetic voice over.
More to come.