Writing for LinkedIn
LinkedIn is networked media. Effective writing for the platform requires a clear understanding of audience, SEO, and the Four C’s.
After completing this assignment, students should be able to
- Identify and define a LinkedIn headline, summary, and custom URL
- From the assigned Profile Checklist, identify all named elements and summarize the advice given for each
- Explain the importance of the Summary’s first 92 and first 220 characters
- Summarize the importance of keywords and effective ways to generate appropriate keywords for your profile
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist – College Students (linkedin.com)
- Han, Tips for Writing a Great LinkedIn Summary With Examples (thebalance.com)
Using the tools below, begin writing your Headline and and Summary for the LinkedIn Profile assignment.
- Assignment template
- Word Count Tools