Our textbook’s introduction offers some first thoughts about globalization and its definitions.Our text is The Globalization Reader, edited by Frank J. Lechner and John Boli. This is identified as “L&B” below and in all future assignments.
After studying the text, students should be able to summarize the authors’ answers to the following questions:
- What does globalization involve?
- Is globalization new?
- Is globalization driven by the expanding market?
- Does globalization make the world more homogeneous?
- Does globalization determine local events?
- Is globalization harmful?
- What does globalization mean?
- “General Introduction” (L&B 1-5)
[Note that this is pages 1-5, not chapters.]
- Lecture Slides: General Introduction
- Globalization 101