As an introduction to GoAnimate, students will create an animated self-portrait (i.e. an avatar).
Note: Log into your GoAnimate account using the credentials published in the Georgia View Discussions panel and this URL:
- Getting Started Guide, videos 1-7
- Sample video
Following the steps presented in class, create a video and share it (within GoAnimate) with “Everyone.”
The video is due by Sunday at 10 p.m., and it should meet the criteria listed below.
- RGB Codes for Hair and Skin (jillienedesigns.blogspot.com)
The video should
- Be exactly 25 seconds long
- Include an avatar that resembles you and that differs significantly from GoAnimate’s stock characters
- Include the avatar’s face (e.g. no face-obscuring masks or helmets)
- Include your avatar in a a full-body shot (i.e. a long shot)
- Position your avatar one-third of the way from the right side of the screen (This follows the rule of thirds and ensures that the GoAnimate watermark does not obscure your avatar.)
Include a completely blank, all-white background
Include at least one movement, but character must remain in one place (e.g. no walking)
You do not need to download your animation or re-submit it anywhere else. Instead, publish it within GoAnimate, and I will evaluate it on the site.