This assignment focuses on the music by Jay Z and Kanye West, including its implications for the Black Public Sphere.
- Leland, Art Born of Outrage in the Internet Age (nytimes.com)
- Serrano, “N—s in Paris,” from The Rap Year Book (2014)
[This PDF is linked from the assignment in Georgia View “This Week’s Content.”]
- N—s in Paris (Jay Z and Kanye West, 2011)
- Murder to Excellence (Jay Z and Kanye West, 2011)
- Made in America (Jay Z and Kanye West, ft. Frank Ocean, 2011)
- Blkkk Skkkn Head (Kanye West, 2013)