This assignment covers information relevant to professional uses of Instagram.
- Getting Started with Instagram for Business (instagram.com)
- Creating a Business Profile on Instagram (instagram.com)
- Instagram Photo Size Guide (updated 2018)
- How to Post on Instagram from a Desktop Computer or Laptop
Best Upload Sizes
If at all possible, you always should upload images in the largest sizes allowed by any platform, including Instagram. Large-sized uploads ensure that your images will continue to look good in the future, as screen technologies continue to advance.
Currently Instagram allows images with a maximum width of 1080 pixels. Heights can vary from 566 to 1350. In practice, that translates into the following maximums.
- Square: 1080 x 1080 pixels
- Portrait: 1080 x 1350 pixels
- Landscape: 1080 x 566 pixels
Beginning in class (and due Sunday 10 p.m.),
- Create an new Instagram account with your assigned user name
- Create a new Facebook “Business or Brand” page
- Page Name: [Your choice] page prototype
- Category: [Category relevant to your choice]
- Link your new FB page to your new Instagram account
- Post one of your “Square Image” images to your new Instagram account
- Follow the instructions below (under “Caption Text”) to complete the image’s caption
- Create a new thread in our D2L discussion, “Instagram Accounts,” that includes a link to your Instagram post, e.g. Antigone
Image created for @cms3720claytonstate
At least three additional hash tags relevant to your particular image, e.g.
- #visual arts