This assignment begins our study of images with a reading from chapter 11 of the Web Style Guide (WSG).
After completing this assignment, students should be able to
- Identify the authors’ recommendations for effective use of content images.
- Define the four basic types of content images, as well as their subcategories:
- Quantitative Data
- Charts, e.g. Line, Bar, and Pie charts
- Identify examples of the four basic types of content images, as well as their subcategories.
- Define and explain the three major elements of rhetorical persuasion as they apply to content images.
- Apply the concepts learned in this assignment to properly identify and discuss the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of example content images.
- Identify the type of image that is popularly known as an “infographic”
- Lynch and Horton, 325-26
- Lynch and Horton, “Rhetoric and Web Design,” 321
- Lecture Slides: Graphics 101