Clayton State University is committed to providing and promoting a healthy and safe learning environment. All students, faculty, and staff are expected to comply with all social distancing mitigation measures, practices, guidelines and policies. Please note the following rules and regulations that are in place during the fall semester due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Anyone who is feeling ill should refrain from coming to campus and should consult the symptoms related to COVID-19 to determine if a visit to a physician or clinic is necessary. Any faculty, staff or student who is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, has been sick with COVID-19 symptoms, tested positive for COVID-19, or has been potentially exposed to someone with COVID-19 (either through community-related exposure or international travel) should self-isolate or stay home and report their case using the COVID-19 Reporting Form. Faculty and staff should also notify their supervisor. Students should consult with University Health Services.
- For the health and safety of your fellow classmates and the campus community, we strongly encourage you to wear a face covering during class, during in-person office hours and while inside campus facilities.
- Assigned seating will be used in all classes on campus, and attendance will be taken on a daily basis. Seating charts will be accessible through the D2L course space and should be reviewed prior to the first day of class. Students are to refrain from entering the instructor designated space unless the instructor allows.
- Disinfecting wipes or other approved cleaning solutions will be available to all students and faculty who have an on-campus class.
- All persons are to adhere to the posted signs and directions in hallways and buildings, except in the case of fire or other emergency requiring evacuation.
- Students are not to enter rooms until 10 minutes before class and must vacate the space at the end of class. Any classrooms that are not in use for classes should be left vacant unless prior scheduling approval has been granted.
- To aid in ventilation of classrooms and to maximize air exchange rates, classroom doors should be closed during each class meeting and make sure they are closed after their class concludes. Air purifiers should be left on and will operate based on a sensor.